Glastonbury Parks, Recreation & Senior Services
Skip to nav
Glastonbury Snowsports Club
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The GSSC is a Glastonbury, CT based club dedicated to the promotion of outdoor family winter activities such as snowboarding, skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Have fun, meet other snow loving residents and introduce your kids to a lifelong love of winter sports! Glastonbury families of all ages can sign up to to ski and snowboard together at a discounted rate with the following options:
- Lift pass only
- Lift pass and rental
- Lift pass and lessons
- Lift pass, lessons and rental
The whole family does not need to do everything - for example the parents can sign up for lift passes, and the kids can do lessons. Ski while your kiddos are learning!
396 Mount Vernon Rd.
Plantsville, CT 06479
Five Thursday evenings starting January 18 and running through February 15. Skiing/Snowboarding from 5:00-9:00 p.m. Lessons start promptly at 7:00 p.m. and run for 90 minutes.
Glastonbury families (Grade 2 and older).
HOW DOES IT WORK
We are given a four hour time block to ski and snowboard from 5:00-9:00 p.m. You and your family can come and ski during that time. If you sign up for lessons, they begin promptly at 7:00 p.m.
DO PARENTS HAVE TO PARTICIPATE/DO I HAVE TO STAY
You do not have to participate or stay, but you'll be missing out on a great deal of fun!
You are responsible for getting your kids to the mountain, making sure they are ready, getting them to the lesson area, and picking them up when done.
HOW DO I SIGN UP
The first step to enroll is to register and pay through this registration site for your preferred package option and RFID card. Once you have done that, follow these steps to register for the appropriate package option through Mount Southington. You will only be prompted to register, not pay, through the Mount Southington site.
- To begin enrollment through Mount Southington, click below:
- Parents, guardians, and participants aged 18 or older: register as a NEW CUSTOMER if you have not done so since August 1, 2023.
- Join the password protected group using XWqzJmJP9IZQ for your group password.
- Click on the View Group Products tab.
- Select the same package option you registered for through the Parks and Recreation site and click Add To Cart.
- Select the name of the person this product is for.
- If you have not already done so, you will need to add your child to your account by selecting add new party member. DO NOT REGISTER FOR THAT PACKAGE OPTION UNDER YOUR NAME UNLESS IT IS FOR YOU.
- Select the group name (this will be Glastonbury Parks and Recreation).
- For the questions Would you like to purchase a Reloadable Card your answer will be yes. This is a one-time purchase for an RFID card that will hold all of the tickets for your group visits. Each participant will need their own RFID card. You will not need to pay for the RFID card again.
- This is our first year using RFID cards so if you have not purchased one from our website since August 1, 2023, you do not have one.
- If you have more package options you need to add to your cart, continue shopping until all your package options have been added to the cart.
- Once all transactions are completed:
- Click on CHECK OUT.
- Click NEXT
- Sign any waivers needed. YOU MUST BE THE PARENT TO SIGN THE WAIVER FOR YOUR CHILD. IF YOUR CHILD IS OVER 18, THEY MUST SIGN THE WAIVER.
- Click NEXT
- Click CONFIRM
- The pay option screen will show for that you are complete. You will not be prompted to make any payment.
Glastonbury Parks & Recreation: email@example.com